Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 August 2012

July Round Up

I'm a bit late with my monthly round up this time, and to be honest, although I've been really busy making stuff only one more thing has been crossed off my 50 Projects list!

20. Learn to knit.

So I finally learnt how to knit!! I had a week off work so went back to Wales to visit my family, and whilst I was there my Auntie was lovely enough to teach me how to knit! I've wanted to learn for ages and very pleased to have finally gotten around to it!! It was actually much easier than expected once I'd gotten the hang of it.


I was unsure what to do with the first piece of knitting I finished, as it was too small to do anything really useful with, so I decided to stitch the two ends together and turn it into a hoop cosy!


This meant that I had to come up with a new hoopla design!! I wanted one that sort of incorporated knitting, and I found this pattern on Urban Threads and had to make :) I drew the pattern onto the fabric and crayon tinted the design before I started stitching. The embroidery has been done using back stitch and some satin stitch on the font.


Pretty much as soon as I got home from Wales I went a bit mad with eBay shopping and bought several job lots of wool!! I then tasked myself with making several different things with this wool - a patchwork cushion for my craft room, a patch work blanket, and a scarf. Once I've improved my knitting I'm aiming to make my own Harry Potter scarf, something I've wanted to do forever!!! Anyway, here's my knitting progress so far :)


Also this month I finally got around to finishing both my Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts themed hoop and the finally part of my Hunger Games cross stitch. AS well as this I have a mostly finished baby sampler,another completed Harry Potter themed hoop for my hoopla wall and finished a gothic/vampire themed commissioned phone case.

I was also able to frame the wedding sampler that I finished last month -


It was for the wedding of a son of a family friend. The pattern was from Nia Cross Stitch - , and was such a fun pattern to stitch up. I love the fact she makes her pattern in Welsh as well as English!

Here's a close up so you can see some of the detail -



Vicki x

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way you used the knitting to cover the hoop. That looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D Thank you!! Think I'll definitely be making more knitted covers for my hoops!

      Delete